The Noun Edit
A noun is a word used to name a person, place, thing, or idea.
Types of nouns Edit
- proper: Proper nouns label specific people, places, or things. The first letter must be capitalized.
- common: Common nouns label general groups, places, people, or things.
- concrete: Concrete nouns label thungs experienced through the senses of sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch.
- abstract: Abstract nouns label things not knowable through senses.
- collective: Collective nouns label groups as a unit.
- compound: Compound nouns label a single concept composed of two or more words.
Singular and Plural Nouns Edit
The number of a noun is indicated by its ending. The final letters of a noun determine how its plural is formed.
- Vezi: The English Verb